Lemon Essence is made by a special extraction process from the fruit juice.
- Country of Origin: South Africa
- Plant Parts: Fresh ripe fruit
- Cultivation Method: Distiller is Certified Organic
- Note Classification: Top
- Method of Extraction: Cold Pressed
- Botanical Family: Rutaceae
- Chemical Family: Monoterpenes
- Extraction Date: December 2015
- Approx. Shelf Life: 2-3 years
- Batch: lemess2015
What Stillpoint "Nose"
The "essence" essential oils of Tangerine, Lime, Orange and Lemon are produced by a unique process. When the juice of the fruit is being concentrated for producing a "concentrate" an essential oil comes to the surface of the juice. This oil is distilled off the surface by vacuum distillation produce the "essence" oil. The "essence" oils therefore have some of the same general olfactory characteristics as the peel of the fruit they come from but have a more delicate, "juicy"-aromatic dimension to them.