Prickly Pear Seed Oil has a high concentration of Tocopherol (Vitamin E) and essential fatty acids (Linoleic Acid or Omega 6). This oil contains more tocopherol than any other oil available in the beauty care market (almost 150% more tocopherol than Argan oil). Tocopherols have strong antioxidant and free radical scavenging properties.
- is quickly and deeply absorbed by the skin
- restores skin elasticity and brightens complexion
- naturally nourishes, moisturizes, and softens skin
- tightens pores for a smooth and refined skin texture
- prevents premature aging and wrinkle formation
- brightens dark spots and under-eye shadows
- protects against free radicals
- nourishes, moisturizes, and softens the skin
The Opuntia ficus indica plant is a member of the cactus family, Cactaceae, and is commonly known as Prickly Pear (aka India Fig Opuntia or Barbary Fig). This plant was native to Mexico, but it can now be found in various arid and semi-arid areas of the world such as Morocco. Prickly Pear cactus is known as the miracle plant for its ability to survive during long droughts and still produce healthy fruits. The Prickly Pear fruit contains numerous small black seeds from which the precious Prickly Pear Seed Oil is extracted.