265-hour Aromatherapy Certification Program, accredited by NAHA and AIA
May 14-19 & June 11-16
You’ve decided to increase your aromatherapy knowledge level. You are ready to invest in you. You either want to become a certified aromatherapist or just audit the course and enjoy the learning experience. Either way, you have many choices of where
Aromatherapy Certification Course Highlights
The following topics will be covered during the course of the 2 weeks of class
- In-Depth Study of 50 essential oils and casual study of another 100
- History of essential oils
- Methods of Extraction
- Harvesting & Distillation of local plants
- Methods of Application, including beginning internal usage and formulation
- Safety and Contraindications
- Detailed Aroma Chemistry and Botany
- Chemical Family Blending
- Energetics and Aromatherapy
- Folklore & Historical Uses
- Doctrine of Signatures/Morphology
- Applied Kinesiology/Muscle Testing
- Understanding Vibrational Quality of Essential Oils
- Consultation Skills
- Essential Oil Quality
- Blending and Formulating
- Methods of Absorption
- Carrier Oils
- Flower Essences
- Professional Treatment Design
- Business Skills
You will create and take home fantastic products ($800 value!) including:
- Essential oil inhalers and steam blends
- Lotions, Body butters and Jojoba Blends
- Bath Salts and Salt Scrubs
- Hydrosol sprays
- Room sprays
- Diffuser/Stock Blends
- Lip balm and Chap sticks
- Travel and first aid kits
- Flower essences
- Steam blends
- Potpourri and incense sticks
In addition, you will receive:
- Custom 300+ page digital Aromatherapy manual, plus additional hand outs & research articles
- Exposure to over 400 organic, wild harvested, and unsprayed (and some unusual & hard to find) essential oils
- Extensive resource list of quality products, supplies and aromatherapy journals
- Lifetime student discount of 15% off all 5ml & 15ml Essential Oils, 2 oz hydrosols and all blends, flower essences at Stillpoint Aromatics
- Discounts on additional materials, kits and oils from Stillpoint Aromatics
A Personal Approach to Aromatherapy Certification
I’m so excited that you are considering studying with me. I think about your learning just as I think about my own: it has to be a relevant growth experience. That is why it’s important to me that I become personally invested in you. We work together to reach your goal and we will get there.
I value your time.
When class starts, we hit the ground running and make the most of our time together with hands-on blending, informative lectures, awesome discussions, multimedia presentations, individual exercises, group study, and time in the wilderness of Sedona experiencing the botanicals of our magical forests. Your daily agenda will be packed and time will fly.
I value your belly.
Although Frederick the Great was likely the first military leader to say, “An army marches on its stomach,” I may be the first aromatherapy leader to say, “The more bountiful the food spread in my classroom, the more productive the learning.” You will have a breakfast buffet that morphs into a snack buffet (some consider it lunch) and evolves into late afternoon munchies. You’ll see me continually updating the buffet while you are doing seat work or blending exercises.
I value your learning style.
I believe adult learning should be engaging always, fun sometimes, and sprinkled with a great deal of reflection. I believe we all need to feel safe and be able to make learning mistakes. I believe we all have individual styles and modes in which we learn better. As your instructor, it is my job to create an environment in which you feel most empowered to learn.
Most importantly, I value you.
You have many choices of where to go for your aromatherapy certification and I thank you for choosing me. I strive to surprise you and offer you much more than the basic certification syllabus. When you come to learn with me, you will, of course, leave with a strong understanding of chemistry and therapeutics. In addition, you will leave with a love for the magic and power of essential oils along with a foundational understanding of vibrational healing. When you leave, you will have arrived at the first crossroad of aromatherapy, where your intuition and passion meet to open you to new possibilities.
Aromatherapy as a Career
Aromatherapy is becoming increasingly popular as our society continues to focus on wellness and health consciousness. While many different cultures have used aromatic plants for healing purposes, modern aromatherapy was formally developed in the early 20th century and popularized in the 1980s and 1990s. Many naturopaths, massage therapists, chiropractors, sports medicine therapists, energy healers, psychotherapists, estheticians, Ayurveda clinicians and practitioners of Chinese Medicine incorporate essential oils into their healing art to enhance and magnify the desired effects. We have also seen an increased number of traditional western medicine practitioners such as nurses, doctors, and psychologists using essential oils and aromatherapy in conjunction with traditional medicine. Learn more about how Aromatherapy can boost your career.
Some career opportunities after receiving your aromatherapy certification are:
- Aromatherapy Consultant Business
- Working with medical professionals as a consultant
- Private aromatherapy practice
- Creating natural products for sale in retail outlets or web stores
- Writing aromatherapy articles, books or blogs
- Community holistic health clinic participator
- Essential oils retailer
- Teaching aromatherapy
- To enhance an existing natural or allopathic health care practice.
Your Aromatherapy Certification
In order to receive your aromatherapy certification, students must complete all elements of the ACP and fulfill the online Anatomy and Physiology requirements (included in the tuition of the ACP). If you have previous training in Anatomy and Physiology you may take the multiple-choice final exam for your credit. Students are required to complete 10 case studies, a take-home midterm and final exam, and 10-page research paper. Certification will be awarded once all course work is submitted.
Students must attend both sessions to complete the certification.
Stillpoint Aromatherapy Certification Details
Class Hours: 9am - 7pm
Class Setting: Enjoy a peaceful class setting in a retreat atmosphere in Sedona, Arizona. Lodging available on site at a discounted rate for students. Contact us for details. Students will receive the class address upon registration.
Dates: May 14-19 & June 11-17
Need a place to stay? Click here for our recommendations in Sedona.
Tutte Cose Buone,