As one onf my Aromatherapy students, Clare summarized ... There is a great deal of natural wisdom inherent in the regional ethnobotany, and when we study how these plants were traditionally used, it points the way toward understanding their essential oils. We also have the added information obtained from the chemical profiles (GC/MS), to further expand our knowledge of how to safely and effectively use these new essential oils.
The native plants contain exactly what they need for optimum survival in this environment. They must stand strong against intense heat, long periods of no rain, very hungry insects and animals, plant viruses, parasites and fungi.
It follows then that by using the essential oils from these plants, with their well developed immune systems, that we will also become stronger, better adapted, and more connected to our environment. This is important for our spirits as well as our physical bodies.
Many new essential oils are emerging from the amazing pharmacopeia of the American Southwest. Experience and learn as well as take part of harvesting and distilling of these magical oils. Earn
In this Weekend Workshop, you will experience and learn:
- About the ethnobotany of the American Southwest
- Therapeutic and medicinal benefits and applications of various Artisan distilled Essential OIls
- Metaphysical and Energetic qualities of the Oils of the Southwest
- Basic aroma chemistry and the healing benefits of some chemical components contained in these oils
- A variety of different blending techniques to enhance your life both physically and emotionally
- Various blends, blend concentrations, and applications
- Safety and contraindications of the essential oils studied
In addtion, you will participate in:
- Gathering the local plant material for distillation
- An actual Essential Oil distillation
It is our belief and knowing that all conditions (physical, mental, spiritual, or emotional) can be addressed and helped by the proper and safe use of pure therapeutic grade essential oils. Essential oils also known as nature’s living energy, are the natural, aromatic volatile liquids found in shrubs, flowers, trees, roots, bushes, and seeds. Essential oils are extracted from aromatic plant sources via steam distillation, and are highly concentrated and far more potent than dry herbs. While essential oils often have a pleasant aroma, their chemical makeup is complex and their benefits vast—which makes them much more than something that simply smells good.
- Pet parents
- All physicians (Allopathic, Naturopathic, Veterinary, Chiropractic)
- Nurses and Midwives
- Massage Therapists, Physical Therapists, Acupuncturists
- Yoga and Pilates Instructors, Physical Trainers
- Everyone and anyone who is seeking a powerful natural healing modality, essential oils can help you live a balanced, healthy, joyous life. Regain your connection to your true self and mother earth and live your life to the fullest.
Time: 3 day Workshop November 5th - 7th
Facilitator: Virginia Joy MA, LMT, NCTMB, CCA
Location: Stillpoint Aromatics and the wilderness of Sedona