Unique blend of 4Thyme cultivars. Effective against MRSA and many other pathogens.
- Country of Origin: England
- Plant Parts: Flowers, Leaves
- Cultivation Method: Unsprayed
- Note Classification: Middle
- Method of Extraction: Steam or Hydro Distillation
- Botanical Family: Lamiaceae
- Chemical Family: Monoterpenes, Monoterpenols, Phenols
- Extraction Date: Spring 2015
- Approx. Shelf Life: 10 years
- Batch: thyzyg2015
What Stillpoint "Nose"
Traditional Use of Thyme, Benchmark
Maggie Tisserand is the developer and researcher who is responsible for Benchmark Thyme. Maggie states on her website that Benchmark Thyme is a unique blend of ethically grown (chemical and pesticide free) Thyme cultivars, carefully chosen to provide the most effective composition of anti-bacterial aroma-chemicals, whilst being gentle on the skin.
There are around 350 species of Thyme (many with sub-species) and four make up Benchmark Thyme - grown and distilled in the UK. This unique blend of ethically cultivated (chemical and pesticide free) Thyme cultivars has been carefully balanced to provide the most effective components of both Tea Tree oil and Thyme var Linalol, with an antimicrobial effectiveness greater than either individually offers.
- Works faster than Teatree - Microbiology kill curves demonstrate that it can take only 2 hours for Benchmark Thyme to kill the most powerful MRSA & MSSA bacteria in vitro, but up to 24 hours for Tea Tree.
- Is a synergistic blend proven to kill MRSA in-vitro.
- Less irritation on the skin than other effective anti-bacterial essential oils.
- Is exclusively and specifically grown for Benchmark Oils - will be consistent in chemical composition every year - so always dependable. (Grown to organic standards, chemical free, but not certified as organic.)
The uniqueness of Benchmark Thyme is that it is a combination of aroma-chemicals (please see the chart in the aroma- chemistry section) that is unique in its overall composition. Some aroma-chemicals like terpinen-4-ol can be found in Tea Tree oil and some, like linalool, can be found in Thyme Linalool, but only in Benchmark Thyme do all of these aroma-chemicals (and more) come together in a synergistic combination; all from our four thyme cultivars.
Therapeutic Benefits of Thyme, BenchmarkAnalgesic, Anti-anxiety, Anti-arthritic, Anti-asthmatic, Anti-bacterial, Anti-fungal, Anti-infectious, Anti-inflammatory, Anti-microbial, Anti-oxidant, Anti-septic, Anti-viral, Calming, CNS sedative, Cooling, Immuno-stimulant, Tonic, Wound healing
Aroma-Chemistry of Thyme, Benchmark