Black Currant Seed Oil - Pressed
Black currant (also known as blackcurrant) is shrub native to Europe and parts of Northern Asia. The plant grows in damp, fertile soil and produces small black berries. Black currant seed Black currant oil is extracted from the seeds of the Ribes nigrum plant. Black Currant seed oil is a natural source of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) and is used to promote healthy growth of skin, hair, and nails. It is so very effective for many skin issues such as eczema, psoriasis and atopic dermatitis.
- Because Black Currant Seed Oil is made up of mostly essential fatty acids, it absorbs deeply into your skin so it helps boosts the skin natural barrier.
- A good source of ALA (alpha-linolenic acid C18:3n-3) an Omega-3 essential fatty acid.
- Helps reduce signs of aging
- Great to use on all skin types and is effective for skin that is prone to blemishes
- The GLA content in our black currant oil typically falls in the 14% range
*This oil is a clearish honey colored oil with bland odor and taste. The uses of this oil vary from a multitude of cosmetic applications to nutritional supplementation