Wonderful for muscular aches and pains. Extremely grounding.
What Stillpoint "Nose"
Traditional Use of Black Spruce
Energetics and Chakras1st Chakra - survival and support, 2nd Chakra - relationships, creation energy, 4th Chakra - unconditional love, 6th Chakra - perspective, Balancing, Expansive, Grounding, Introspective, Protective, Uplifting
Energetic, Spiritual, and Emotional Qualities of Black Spruce
- Restorative Helps open the lungs and the heart (4th chakra)
- Strengthens self identity and the root (1st chakra)
Therapeutic Benefits of Black SpruceAnalgesic, Anti-anxiety, Anti-bacterial, Anti-fungal, Anti-inflammatory, Anti-oxidant, Anti-rheumatic, Anti-spasmodic, Diuretic, Mucolytic, Warming
Aroma-Chemistry of Black Spruce
Black Spruce Essential Oil has a significant percentage of camphene. This monoterpene is known specifically to be a powerful mucolytic so it is quite beneficial for respiratory issues such as bronchitis, asthma and coughs. Camphene is also a powerful antioxidant that also adds to its therapeutic benefits when dealing with any respiratory issues.
Aroma of Black SpruceBalsamic, Coniferous, Fresh, Piney, Resinous, Slightly sweet, Woody
Recipes and Blends
- 5 drops Black Spruce, (Picea mariana)
- 5 drops Lavender, (Lavandula angustofolia)
- 5 drops Balsam Fir,(Abies balsamea)
- 5 drops Central Plai, (Zingiber cassumunar)
Blends Well With...Birch Essential Oil, Chamomile, Roman Essential Oil, Fir Balsam Essential Oil - Canada, Frankincense carterii Essential Oil, Plai, Central Essential Oil, Lavender Essential Oil - Kashmir
Safety Information for Black Spruce
No known specific safety concerns associated with Black Spruce Essential Oil. If oxidized, it may cause skin irriation and sensitization.
- Damon K., Damon P. Aromatherapy Scent and Psyche. Rochester, VT: Healing Arts Press; 1995.
- Haas M. Quick Reference Guide for 114 Important Essential Oils. San Rafeal, CA: Terra Linda Scent and Image; 2004