Extremely skin-healing and rejuvenating for the liver as well as the kidney. Over 70% carotol!
- Country of Origin: Hungary
- Plant Parts: Seeds
- Cultivation Method: Distiller is Certified Organic
- Note Classification: Middle
- Method of Extraction: Steam or Hydro Distillation
- Botanical Family: Apiaceae
- Chemical Family: Sesquiterpenes, Sesquiterpenols
- Extraction Date: Summer 2016
- Approx. Shelf Life: 8 years
- Batch: carsd2016
What Stillpoint "Nose"
Traditional Use of Carrot Seed
Energetics and Chakras2nd Chakra - relationships, creation energy, 4th Chakra - unconditional love, 6th Chakra - perspective, Balancing, Clarity, Protective, Purifying
Energetic, Spiritual, and Emotional Qualities of Carrot Seed
- Supports2nd 3rd , 4th, and 6th chakras
- Soothing to the psyche
- Assists in gaining perspective
- Redistributes energy
Aroma of Carrot SeedEarthy, Fresh, Herbaceous, Slightly floral, Slightly sweet, Woody
Recipes and Blends
- 5 drops Carrot Seed (Daucus carota)
- 3 drops Lavender (Lavandula angostifoilia)
- 2 drops Frankincense (Boswellia carterii)
- 1 drop Helichrysum (Helichrysum italicum)
Blend in 2 oz of unscented lotion for a delicious skin creme.
Safety Information for Carrot Seed
According to Tisserand & Young, Carrot Seed Essential Oil may interfere with gestation. Contraindicated with Pregnancy & Breastfeeding. Some sources claim that carrot seed essential oil may be slightly photo-toxic when distilled from wild carrots. Other sources refute this claim.
- Battaglia, Salvatore. The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy. 2nd ed. Brisbane QLD, Australia: The International Center of Holistic Aromatherapy; 2003.
- Damian, Peter and Kate. Aromatherapy: Scent and Psyche. Rochester, Vermont: Healing Arts Press; 1995.
- Davis, Patricia. Aromatherapy An A-Z. London, UK: Vermillion; 2005.
- Sellar, Wanda. The Directory of Essential Oils. 7th ed. Cambridge, England: The Bath Press; 2001.