Addio Germi - Goodbye Germs Specialty Blend
I have formulated this blend due to repeated requests by clients and customers for a formulation that can assist during Cold and Flu season.
Addio Germi (Goodbye germs) is not only formulated for the therapeutic constituents that are effective against germs. It is also formulated with the energetics in mind.
This blend consists of 12 essential oils or essential oil synergies
- Rose gernium is a monoterpenol rich oil that possesses highly potent antiviral and anti-infectious as well as broad spectrum antibacterial and antifungal properties. This is due to the high geraniol content and makes it a very strong antiviral
- Cinnamon Bark is is an aromatic aldehyde rich essential oil. Cinnamon bark possessed anti bacterial, antifungal and antiseptic qualities. The aromatic aldehyde present in Cinnamon Bark is Cinnamaldehyde. The reason that it is an aromatic aldehyde is that this component has a benzene ring.
- Clove Bud is a phenolic rich oil from the phenylpropanoid pathway. Clove bud possesses broad antimicrobial qualities. In addition, she possesses strong antiviral, antibacterial and antiparasitic qualities. The phenolic component in clove bud is Eugenol.
- Laurel Leaf is an oxide rich oil with some esters and monoterpenes. Laurel leaf has been found to be a strong antiviral. It has good antiseptic qualities and is know to be beneficial to the lungs with its expectorant and mucolytic properties. The oxide that is present is 1,8 Cineole, the ester terpinyl acetate and the monoterpene is sabinene.
- Tea Tree is a monterpenol and monoterpene rich oil that possesses broad spectrum antimicrobial qualities against bacteria, fungi and viruses. It is also a powerful immune stimulant. The monoterpenol component in is terpinene-4-ol and the monoterpenes are y-terpiniene and a-tepinine.
- Lemon is a monoterpene rich oil that possesed antibacterial, antimicrobial as well as immuno stimulating qualities. The monoterpene component present in lemon is d-limonine.
- Melissa is an aliphatic aldehyde rich oil that possesses highly antiviral qualities. Melissa is known to also assist in boosting the immune system. She is also very calming and centering to the psyche. The aliphatic aldehydes in Melissa are geranial and neral.
- Eucalyptus radiata is an oxide rich oil that possesses strong expectorant and anti viral properties. According to Schnaubelt, small concentration of aldehyde renders it a powerful antiviral agent for flue, cold and viral respiratory infections. The oxide in Eucalyptus radiata is 1,8 Cineole.
- Balsam Copaiba is a sesquiterpene rich oil that possesses antibacterial qualities reduces invasive bacterial and fungal activity. It is quite helpful to the respiratory system when dealing with congestion. Balsam Copaiba has also been know to be an immune supporter. The sesquiterpene present in this oil is beta caryophyllene.
- Thyme Synergy - is one of our blends here at Stillpoint. It is a lend of Thyme ct. thymol. Thyme ct. linalool, and Benchmark thyme.
- Oregano is a phenolic rich oil that possesses one of the strongest anti bacterial qualities in essential oils. It is not only antibacterial but also antifungal, antiviral and even anti parasitic. The phenol present in Oregano is carvacrol.
- Ginger is a sesquiterpene and monoterpene rich oil that possesses immuno supporting qualities as well as being effective when dealing with coughs , sinusitis and sore throats. It can support healthy lung conditions. The sesquiterpenes present in Ginger are zingerberene and sesquiphellandrene and the monoterpene present os camphene.
Now for the energetics of the blend...
All plant parts are included in this blend which is representative of the whole.
- Leaf Oils - Essential oils that are distilled from the leaves/needles/twigs/grasses correspond with our respiratory system. These parts of the plants or tree allow the plant or tree to breath. By definition a leaf is an above-ground plant organ specialized for the process of photosynthesis. This is the process a plant uses to combine sunlight, water, and carbon dioxide to produce oxygen and sugar (energy). Essential oils distilled from these parts assist us in moving; breathing deeply both physically and emotionally. These oils also correspond to our heart chakra and lungs. The leaf oils in Addio Germi are Melissa (Melissa officinalis), Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia), Oregano (Origanum vulgare), and the thyme synergy.
- Fruit Oils - Essential oils that come from fruits are uplifting for the emotional and spiritual body. They assist us in getting “unstuck” both physically and emotionally. On the physical level, many of these oils are good for lymphatic support like Grapefruit (Citrus paradisi). On the emotional level, many of these oils help us get out of the “limbic depressive loop” like Lemon (Citrus limonum). The "fruit" is the part of a flowering plant that is derived from specific tissues of the flower, mainly one or more ovaries. Essential oils derived from fruits also assist us in moving forward, in looking at the future with clarity, hope, joy and freshness—freshness that is reminiscent of the scent of a fresh orange being peeled. Oils extractedfrom the fruit energetically protect us as well. The fruit oil in this formula is Lemon (Citrus Limonum). * Please note that this fulfils the seed part of plant.
- Root Oils - Essential oils that come from the roots or plants are grounding, anchoring and supportive. Emotionally they are calming, centering and sedating. Their aroma is very earthy and fresh, offering a deep connection to the Earth. They offer support for the first chakra and the emotional body that it accompanies. The first chakra deals with living on the planet and survival. To feel safe and balanced in our bodies on the planet at this time is very important. Just as the roots offer the plant or tree this stability and also nourishment, the oils that are distilled/extracted from these parts do the same. Oils extracted from the roots also help transport nutrients into the plant. The root oil in this formula is Ginger (Zingiber officinale).
- Flower Oils - Essential oils that are distilled or extracted from the flowers of a plant or tree deal with matters of the heart, both physically and emotionally. The heart chakra is where we hold our Divine identity, unconditional love for ourselves and love for the Divine. Essential oils that are derived from flowers are emotionally supportive and nurturing, heart opening, and foster unconditional love for self and others. They represent joy, new growth and passion for life. The flower oils in this formula are Monarda and Clove Bud (Eugenia caryophyllata) Yes it is the flower of the Clove plant.
- Resins - Essential oils that are extracted from the resin seem to be oils that were used in ancient times. Three examples of resinous oils that are reminiscent of these times are: Frankincense (Boswellia carterii), Myrrh (Commiphora myrrha) and Galbanum (Ferula galbaniflua). These oils bring to mind Biblical times and days past in Ancient Egypt. They are wonderful to assist us with matters of the spirit. They are very powerful when used in prayer, rituals, and meditation. The resin of the tree is a type of liquid that is stored in the outer cells, that, when broken, release the resin to clog the hole created. This is very analogous to the way we heal with scabs. It makes sense, then, that these oils assist us with deep emotional wounds and the suffering in our emotional body. It is beneficial to choose an essential oil from a resin when we are wanting to heal these kinds of wounds and to assist in releasing deeply programmed beliefs that are no longer needed. Some other essential oils that are distilled from resins are: The resin oil in this formula is Balsam Copaiba.
- Wood Oils - Essential oils that are distilled from the trunk and the wood of the tree are very protective and supportive. Like essential oils from resins, they support us deeply on many levels and can assist greatly in healing emotional wounds. The trunk refers to the main wooden axis of a tree that supports the branches and is supported by and directly attached to the root. The oils that are distilled from the trunk such as Cedarwood (Cedrus atlantica) or Sandalwood (Santalum album) support our core, assist us in being grounded, while also helping us reach toward the sky. These oils parallel our skeletal system and assist us in being strong and solid. The Wood oil in this formulation is Cinnamon Bark (Cinnamomum zylaciaum). Technically this does not fit the description of a heartwood tree oil but nevertheless, the bark provides support and also protection..
Let's take a look at the number 12. The number twelve signifies completion. It corresponds to the whole.... the twelve zodiac signs, the twelve numbers on the clock, the twelve months of the year, the twelve planets (when we thought there were twelve) the twelve apostles. The number twelve signifies both completion and new beginnings.
Also available in a Rollerball