Cardamom - Black Essential Oil Limited Reserve - Rare
- Country of Origin:Nepal
- Plant Parts:Seeds
- Cultivation Method:Wild Harvested
- Note Classification:Middle
- Method of Extraction:Steam or Hydro Distillation
- Botanical Family:Zingiberaceae
- Chemical Family: Monoterpenes, Oxides
- Extraction Date: March 2023
- Approx. Shelf Life: 6-7 years
- Batch: blackcard
What Stillpoint "Nose"
Native to sub-Himalayan region in Nepal, black cardamom is the dried fruit of a perennial herbaceous plant of the ginger family. Apart from its usage in India, Nepal and other Asian countries, black cardamom is not common. The essential oil, obtained from the steam distillation of the crushed seeds of the Amomum subulatum plant contains 1,8 cineole. This type of Cardamom is referred to as Larger or Greater Cardamom.
- The most common use of Larger or Greater Cardamom is as a mouth freshener.
- Its seeds are credited with stimulant, stomachic and astringent properties.
- It is used to treat and prevent sore throats.
- It is also prescribed in the treatment of indigestion and nausea.
Traditional Use of Cardamom - Black Limited Reserve - Rare
Historically, black cardamom has been used to treat various stomach ailments, common infections, and dental problems. In traditional Chinese medicine, in addition to being a treatment for stomach disorders, this spice is used to treat malaria. It is also chewed as a mouth freshener.
Energetics and Chakras1st Chakra - survival and support, 2nd Chakra - relationships, creation energy, 6th Chakra - perspective, Clarity, Expansive, Grounding, Protective
Energetic, Spiritual, and Emotional Qualities of Cardamom - Black Limited Reserve - Rare
Black Cardamom is a powerful energetic essential oil.
- Exceptionally grounding
- Protective and helps deflect negativity
- Helps settle upsetting and tumultuous
- Assists in creation energy and course of action
- Warming for the heart and soul
- Dispels negative thoughts
- Promotes growth and support for new patterns
Therapeutic Benefits of Cardamom - Black Limited Reserve - RareAnalgesic, Anti-bacterial, Anti-inflammatory, Carminative, Digestive stimulant, Digestive tonic, Stomachic, Tonic, Warming
Aroma-Chemistry of Cardamom - Black Limited Reserve - Rare
Major components in the oil were 1,8‐cineole, α‐terpineol, dl‐limonene, nerolidol, 4‐terpineol, δ‐terpineol, δ‐3‐carene, β‐myrcene, germacrene D, α‐terpinene and longifolenaldehyde.