Clove Bud CO2 Select Extract Organic
- Country of Origin:Madagascar
- Plant Parts:Flower buds
- Cultivation Method:Organically Grown
- Note Classification:Middle
- Method of Extraction:CO2 Select Extraction
- Botanical Family:Myrtaceae
- Chemical Family: Phenols
- Extraction Date: October 2022
- Approx. Shelf Life: Long long time
- Batch: syzco2se2020
What Stillpoint "Nose"
We also find clove bud essential oil to be very effective for sore throats. Not to use internally, but to apply a drop or two of clove bud is a bit of cream over the external throat area. Clove hydrosol is what you would use in a heavily diluted form for gargle NOT the Oil. She is highly antiseptic and is great to use in diffuser blends (low concentration) during cold and flu season.
Energetics and Chakras1st Chakra - survival and support, 2nd Chakra - relationships, creation energy, 4th Chakra - unconditional love, 6th Chakra - perspective, 7th Chakra - higher information, Energizing, Introspective, Protective
Energetic, Spiritual, and Emotional Qualities of Clove Bud CO2 Select Extract Organic
Clove bud is ditilled from the flower, although clove bud essential oil in not usually though of as a flower oil. but it is. Clove bud energetically is wonderful when someones heart is to open so to speak, emotionally in pain, or hurting. Energeticallym clove bud and stem for that matter can be used in a blend to "numb" the emotional pain for a but, so healing can begin to occur.
Clove bud hellps warm the soul and emotional body, She is a great oil to use to build self esteem and emotional stregnth, Clove bud oil helps to bring forth our uniqueness and also keeps us very grounded. Her spicy nature assists us in getting in touch with our own sassy part.
- The very first recorded use of the clove was the Chinese between 220 - 206 BC. They used the clove to sweeten their breath by chewing it.
- During the Renassaince, Cloves were used to make Pomanders ( a container containing scented herbs) to ward off the plague
- In the Molucca Islands, a clove tree was planted each time a child was born leading to the abundance of the this spice.
- It was believed to be imbued with the magical powers of protection, love, and, burned as incense to attract financial abundance.
- It was thought that burning it as incense would stop others from gossiping about you.
- It also was used in exorcisms to expel evil spirits.
Therapeutic Benefits of Clove Bud CO2 Select Extract OrganicAnalgesic, Anti-arthritic, Anti-bacterial, Anti-fungal, Anti-infectious, Anti-inflammatory, Anti-oxidant, Anti-rheumatic, Anti-viral, Carminative, Circulatory stimulant, Digestive tonic, Immuno-stimulant, Rubefacient, Warming
Aroma-Chemistry of Clove Bud CO2 Select Extract Organic
Aroma of Clove Bud CO2 Select Extract OrganicRich, Sensual, Slightly spicy, Soft, Sweet, Warm
Blends Well With...Basil, Sweet Essential Oil, Black Pepper Essential Oil, Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil, Tamala Essential Oil, Ginger Essential Oil, Fresh Root, Mandarin, Red Essential Oil, Marjoram, Sweet Essential Oil, Nutmeg Essential Oil, Sandalwood Essential Oil - Australia, Cajeput Essential Oil, Nerolina Organic Essential Oil, Yuzu Essential Oil, Pink Pepper Essential Oil, Peppermint Essential Oil - English, Cardamom CO2 Total Extract Organic, Ginger CO2 Select Extract Organic Indonesia, Anise Star CO2 Select Extract Organic
Safety Information for Clove Bud CO2 Select Extract Organic
- Eugenol belongs to the Phenol chemical family. Phenols are potentially irritating components to the skin and mucous membranes, and they can cause dermatitis and sensitization. If phenols are present in high concentrations in the essential oil, the essential oil should be used in very low dilutions on the skin, diluted well in carrier oil, and only used for short periods of time.
- Phenol-high oils are skin irritating if used in a bath.
- Use in small amounts when blending phenol-rich oils for diffusing (no more than 10% of the pure essential oil blend).
- Phenol-rich oils should not be used on people with skin issues such as dermatitis, or on babies or children.
- Oils high in eugenol, thymol or carvacrol inhibits platelet aggregation, and are not to be used by people with blood clotting disorders, by people taking anticoagulant drugs such as aspirin or Warfarin, or before surgery. According to Tisserand, Holy basil may inhibit blood clotting, have skin sensitization effects & possible mucous membrane irritation.
- Suggested maximum topical use of eugenol is 0.5%. In small doses, eugenol can be liver-protective, however, in high concentrations, it is hepatotoxic and can cause tissue damage.
- Maximum dermal level 1.0% (based on 50.4% eugenol content with a dermal limit of 0.5%