- Country of Origin:Canada
- Plant Parts:Flowers, Leaves
- Cultivation Method:Distiller is Certified Organic
- Note Classification:Middle
- Method of Extraction:Steam or Hydro Distillation
- Botanical Family:Ericaceae
- Chemical Family: Monoterpenes, Sesquiterpenes
- Extraction Date: Summer 2016
- Approx. Shelf Life: 5-6 years
- Batch: grelnd2016
Traditional Use of Greenland Moss (Labrador Tea) Ledum
For Native Americans, the Ledum plant was a must and a cure all.
Greenland Moss essential oil has a natural affinity for the immune system and has been known to be an effective immune system supporter.
According to our Canadian distiller, it has been used in cases of liver intoxications originating from a circulation disorder, mild liver insufficiencies, after-effect from viral hepatitis, enteritis and flatulence. It is also known to be used to treat toxemic nephritis, microbial nephritis and infectious prostatitis.
Labrador tea esssential oil has been effective in easing insomnia, nervousness, solar plexus spasms, and thyroid imbalance.
According to Dr. Kurt Schnaubelt, Greenland Moss essential oil is one of the oils Dr. Giraud-Robert uses frequently for Hep B and C patients and in support of patients undergoing conventional treatments like chemo or radiation. According to Dr. Giraud-Robert the oil counteracts blood toxicity and reduces elevated liver enzyme counts. Dr. Schnaubelt recommends this particular essential oil for liver and kidney detoxification. He also recommends it not for treatment of severe illness, as well as during the recuperation process for general support.
This essential oil is also recommended by Dr Schnaubelt as being effective for nausea and vomiting during chemo. It seems to reduce pathologically elevated levels of transaminase and gamma-GT enzymes.
Energetics and Chakras1st Chakra - survival and support, 2nd Chakra - relationships, creation energy, 3rd Chakra - personal power, 5th Chakra - speaking truth, 6th Chakra - perspective, Balancing, Grounding, Protective, Purifying, Transformative
Energetic, Spiritual, and Emotional Qualities of Greenland Moss (Labrador Tea) Ledum
- Assists in uncovering hidden emotional patterns
- Detoxification of the emotional and spritual bodies
- Supportive on a root chakra level
- Helps dissolve energy blockages (with the massage of the stomach and liver region)
- Helps to express your truth, opening the throat chakra
- Facilitates knowledge and understanding (brow chakra)
- Assists in spiritual healing especially when combined with bergamot
Therapeutic Benefits of Greenland Moss (Labrador Tea) LedumAnti-anxiety, Anti-bacterial, Anti-depressant, Anti-infectious, Anti-inflammatory, Anti-septic, Anti-spasmodic, Calming, Carminative, Decongestant, Depurative, Digestive stimulant, Digestive tonic, Immune support, Liver supporter, Stomachic, Strengthening
Aroma-Chemistry of Greenland Moss (Labrador Tea) Ledum
The main chemical constituents of Labrador Tea essential oil (Grrenland Moss) are monoterpenes, sesquiteroenes and bornyl acetate.
Limonene, sabinene, ß- selinene, bornyl acetate
Safety Information for Greenland Moss (Labrador Tea) Ledum
Greenland Moss essential oil is to be used by seasoned aromatherapists. It is a very powerful essential oil.