Orange, Sweet Essential Oil
Uplifting, anti-depressant, antiviral, supports the liver and digestion.
- Country of Origin:Italy
- Plant Parts:Rind (fresh fruit)
- Cultivation Method:Distiller is Certified Organic
- Note Classification:Top
- Method of Extraction:Cold Pressed
- Botanical Family:Rutaceae
- Chemical Family: Monoterpenes
- Extraction Date: February 2022
- Approx. Shelf Life: 3 - 4 years
- Batch: citsin
What Stillpoint "Nose"
- For the physical body, orange essential oil is effective for digestive issues, nausea, tummy aches, minor muscle aches, and pains, and is a great skin tonic.
- For the mental and emotional bodies orange essential oil is uplifting and a wonderful mood enhancer. It is like sunshine in a bottle.
Energetics and Chakras2nd Chakra - relationships, creation energy, 4th Chakra - unconditional love, 6th Chakra - perspective, Clarity, Expansive, Uplifting
Energetic, Spiritual, and Emotional Qualities of Orange, Sweet
Sweet Orange Essential oil is like connecting to the sun. For most, the aroma of fresh oranges brings back joyful memories. We use orange essential oil when we want to connect with our childlike quality, remember how to play, creation, expression, and big fun. Orange essential oil is expressed or distilled from the rind and this can also offer for energetic protection. It can help soften perfectionists, and also allow self to make mistakes. It moves stuck and negative energy and lightens the energetic feel. Orange essential oil is balancing to the second chakra. So when you are in need of inspiration and balance in your relationships, including orange in your formulation will help!
The orange originates from oriental Asia (China, India, and the Asiatic South-East). Orange was first mentioned by the Arabs and they were the first to introduce the orange to Europe. The word orange comes from the Arabic word ‘narandj’, which means ‘orange’. The golden apple (orange) was the fruit that Juno gave to Jupiter on the day of their celestial wedding.
In Greek mythology, the orange is a symbol of innocence and fertility, This is seen in the myth of Atalanta. The story goes like this, Atalanta was the fastest mortal and would only get married to the man that could beat her in a race. When her challengers lost, she would kill them. It wasn't until Aphrodite, the Goddess of Love helped Milanion. Aphrodite gave him a bunch of oranges and during the race, he dropped them along the way, distracting Atalanta and winning the race, They were married, and Atalanta became a mother and a housewife-the symbol of innocence and fertility.
Therapeutic Benefits of Orange, SweetAnti-anxiety, Anti-bacterial, Anti-depressant, Anti-septic, Anti-spasmodic, Anti-viral, Carminative, Digestive stimulant, Digestive tonic, Disinfectant, Energizing, Liver supporter, Stomachic, Tonic
Aroma-Chemistry of Orange, Sweet
D-Limonene is a terpene (C10H16) from the monoterpene chemical family and is found in very high percentages in citrus essential oils. Limonene may be one of the most researched chemical components found in essential oils.
- Limonene has been found to have antioxidant properties. This allows it to counteract the effects of free radicals, which affect DNA mutations and are cancer causing. As an antioxidant, limonene can prevent cell damage and reduce the risk of cancer. Limonene builds up in the tissues, which is a good thing.
- Limonene is a boost to the immune system. In studies with rats, limonene was proven to produce more antibodies when exposed to foreign antigens. It also has been shown to fight bacteria and reduce allergic reactions.
- Limonene is effective as a minor pain reliever. Limonene reduced widespread pain in the bones and muscles of mice.
Aroma of Orange, SweetCitrus, Fresh, Fruity, Sweet
Recipes and Blends
Happy Day Stock Blend
Orange (Citrus sinensis) 10 drops
Rhododendron (Rhododendron anthopogon) 5 drops
Rosewood (Aniba parviflora) 3 drops
Jasmine sambac (Jasminum sambac) 3 drops
Breathe Easy Stock Blend
Orange (Citrus sinensis) 15 drops
Fragonia (Agonis fragrans) 7 drops
Laurel leaf (Laurus nobilis) 6 drops
Blends Well With...Fragonia TM Essential Oil, Angelica Root Essential Oil, Black Spruce Essential Oil, Bergamot Essential Oil, Clove Bud Essential Oil, Davana Essential Oil, Tamala Essential Oil, White Ginger Lily Absolute, Eucalyptus globulus Essential Oil - Portugal, Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil, Frankincense carterii Essential Oil, Laurel Leaf, Bay Essential Oil , Marjoram, Sweet Essential Oil, Neroli Essential Oil, Plai, North Eastern Essential Oil, Palo Santo (Holy Wood) Essential Oil, Rosewood Essential Oil - Limited Reserve, Cistus (Rock Rose) Essential Oil, Sandalwood Essential Oil - New Caledonia, Anise Star Essential Oil, Cajeput Essential Oil, Jamrosa Essential Oil , Cedarwood, Indian Vintage Essential Oil Limited Reserve
Safety Information for Orange, Sweet
Citrus oils are very high in monoterpenes and may cause skin irritation in those people who have sensitive skin. Do a test patch and use in low dilution when applying to the skin. Be sure to buy freshly distilled citrus oils, as oxidized citrus oils are skin irritating. Make sure the citrus essential oil is distilled/extracted from organic or un sprayed fruit as the oil comes from the rind. Orange and Blood Orange oil are not photo-toxic.