Patchouli, Iron Free Essential Oil - Aged 9 Year
This Patchouli is iron free because it is distilled in stainless steel vessels as opposed to the crude iron vessels of past.
- Country of Origin:Indonesia
- Plant Parts:Leaves
- Cultivation Method:Organically Grown
- Note Classification:Base
- Method of Extraction:Steam or Hydro Distillation
- Botanical Family:Lamiaceae
- Chemical Family: Sesquiterpenes, Sesquiterpenols
- Extraction Date: Spring 2014
- Approx. Shelf Life: gets better with age
Therapeutic Benefits of Patchouli, Iron Free - Aged 9 YearAnti-anxiety, Anti-bacterial, Anti-depressant, Anti-fungal, Anti-inflammatory, Anti-septic, Cicatrisant, Cooling, Deodorant, Insect repellent, Sedative, Tonic
Aroma-Chemistry of Patchouli, Iron Free - Aged 9 Year
Traditionally patchouli was distilled in crude iron vessels(and it is still done so to produce the dark patchouli) and the interaction between the patchouli and the iron during distillation results in a the presence of iron in the dark patchouli. But in recent times many distillers have started using stainless steel vessels for distillation and this produces the “light” or “iron free” patchouli.