We have two Helichrysum hydrosols at Stillpoint Aromatics. One is from our Artisan distiller in Washington state here in the USA and the other from our fabulous distiller in Corsica. The healing properties of both helichrysums are the same but the energetics and aroma of the two are quite different. This helichrysum hydrosol from Corsica is bolder and stronger in aroma and taste. There is a greater semblance to Helichrysum essential oil.
Distilled from the flower of Helichrysum italicum plant
Artisan Crafted in Corsica
Distillation date is Summer 2022
Shelf Life is extremely stable
Aroma is unusual, for some, like honey on warm toast, for others, dusty old clothes
Taste is strongly bitter almost soapy
Helichrysum italicum Hydrosol, like the essential oil, has many, many uses. Also known as Immortelle or Everlasting. One of the most powerful anti-inflammatory hydrosols. Helichrysum italicum hydrosol is a strong anti-hematoma just as Helichrysum italicum essential oil. It is, however, not as analgesic as the oil. Suzanne Catty states, "Applied in a compress to bangs and bumps, it can even bring subcutaneous bruises to the surface, exposing hidden damage." As well as being significantly anti-inflammatory, it is extremely cicatrisant for all wound and tissue damage.
Therapeutic and Energetic Uses of Helichrysum Hydrosol:
- Used in a douche for endometriosis, fibroids, and painful periods with Rock rose
- Speeds the healing of incisions
- Reduces swelling and bruising
- Detoxifies the liver of anesthesia
- Can be used as a mouthwash after dental work
- Effective against gingivitis and receding gums
- Helps heal scar tissue
- Effective and healing on any skin issue or irritation for people and pets
- Helpful for hot spots on our canine friends
- Can be used to treat rosacea
- Soothes sunburns, radiation burns, rashes, and skin irritations of all types when combined with Roman chamomile hydrosol
- Energetically helps heal deep emotional wounds
- Protective and uplifting as well as grounding
When not in use, store in a cool dark place. A refrigerator is great!
Catty, Suzanne. Hydrosols, The Next Aromatherapy. Vermont: Healing Arts Press. 2001