Distilled from the flower of Centaurea cyanus plant
Artisan Craftedin the USA, Washington State
Distillation date is Summer 2020
Shelf Lifeis slightly unstable to moderately stable, approximately 14 months
Aroma is delicate, vaguely floral
Taste is delicate undiluted and almost undetectable diluted
Cornflower Hydrosol is almost interchangeable with Sandalwood hydrosol for skin conditions. It probably has the widest application as an eyedrop substitute of all the hydrosols. The first choice for swollen or itchy eyes, as a compress for a stye or conjunctivitis. An excellent choice for dry, devitalized, crepey, or mature skin.
Note: Avoid during the first trimester of pregnancy because of potential presence of phytohormones.
Therapeutic and Energetic Uses of Cornflower Hydrosol
- A general system tonic sometimes recommended for hot flashes
- Mildly diuretic and digestive
- Supportive to the liver
- Effective for a douche by itself or combined with juniper, cypress or tea tree hydrosols for UTI's (urinary tract infections)
- Wonderful compress for bruises, especially when combined with witch hazel or lavender hydrosol Safe for cleaning cuts and wounds
- Uplifting for the emotional body and psyche
Catty, Suzanne. Hydrosols, The Next Aromatherapy. Vermont: Healing Arts Press. 2001