We import our Pure Argan Oil from our Moroccan distiller. Stillpoint Aromatic's Argan Oil is Wild harvested, cold pressed and unrefined.
Argan Oil is also know as "Food for the Skin" or "Liquid Gold" and is truly unrivalled by any natural and manmade product in providing its unique blend of natural oils, minerals and fatty acids. Argan Oil helps repair damage and maintains healthy skin by restoring the skin's lipid layer. It protects against free radicals and nurtures hair, nails and lips.
It is highly sought after due to its affinity for the skin. It is because of Argan's unique blend of natural, rare and essential components that it is known a natural anti aging product that can turn back time! It is rich in freulic acids, eight essential fatty acids, carotenoids, anti- oxidants, sterols, saponins and polyphones. It also contains very high levels of vitamin E which is essential for the skin as well as Squalene (which has been reported to protect against skin cancer).
Labor of Love
Argan Oil is obtained from the kernels of the Argan tree which is now virtually only found in the Argan forest of South West Morocco, a tiny area in world terms. The extraction process is time consuming, difficult, and beyond labor intensive. It truly is a labor of love carried out by the Women of Morocco! One single Argan tree yields 30 kg of Argan fruits or just 1 liter of Argan oil and it takes 15-20 hours to produce 1 liter of Argan oil.
- Harvest and gather the fruit by hand (The fruit is olive shaped)
- Sun dry the fruit for several weeks by spreading the fruit on the rooves of mud-brick houses
- Pulping which is removing the argan fruit pulp to expose the Argan nuts
- Crushing Argan nuts to obtain Argan kernels (seeds) The nuts are crushed between two stones BY HAND!
- Grains are ground into a paste and the paste is then mixed with water to form a dough
- The extraction of the liquid gold can now begin!
Cool dark place. Refrigerator is great
Pressed July 2018