Prickly Pear Seed Oil is one of the premier carrier oils for skin nourishment and health.
Prickly Pear Seed Oil has an extrodinaruly high concentration of powerful skin healing constituents: Vitamin E aka Tocopherol and the essential fatty acids (EFAs) of Linoleic Acid/ Omega 6. The other oil that is renowned for its skin healing properties is Argan Oil. it is pretty much the best oil to use when needing free radical prevention and antioxidant protection. Together they are a powerful combination
Make no mistake, production of Prickly Pear Seed Oil is a purely a Labor of love lovingly performed by the Moroccan Women. The extraction process is long, arduous and completely done by hand. No machine and automation. The tiny black seeds are manually separated from the pulp (which produces a different oil), next they are allowed to dry before they are finally cold pressed.
Prickly Pear Seed Oil-
- Absorbed easily and quickly into the skin
- Assists the skin to shine brightly
- Is a natural moisturizer
- Helps enlarged pores
- Effective to assist with the prevention of wrinkles - use daily
- Lightens dark areas on skin anywhere on the body
- Revitalizing for the skin under the eyes and also helps with dark shadows as well as puffiness
- Softens yet tightens saggy skin - especially around the mouth and on neck
- A must to add to any skin formulation when cracked, crepitus type skin is present
- Beneficial for all skin conditions such as eczema and dry cracked rashes.
- Contains the energy of creation and unconditional love
The Opuntia ficus indica plant is a member of the flowering cactus family, Cactaceae. We know this as the Prickly Pear and it is also known as India Fig Opuntia or Barbary Fig. The Prickly pear is native to Mexico. Today, it is grown in many arid and semi arid places worldwide. Morocco has become one of the leading places to produce this fantastic miraculous carrier oil Like any other cactus, prickly pear can survive long droughts and long hot days, this tenacious love of life is one reason is is so powerful.
Some Constituents Found In Prickly Pear Seed Oil
(note the constituents of Prickly Pear Pulp Oil is Different)
- Oleic Acid 20.6%
- Linoleic Acid 60.5%
- Stearic Acid 3.2%
- Palmitic Acid 13.9%
- Beta Carotene 5%
- Vitamin K1. 52%
- Tocopherol 895 mg/kg
Official Laboratory for Chemical Analysis and Research, Casablanca, Morocco
Pressed June 2023