Marula Oil - Virgin Organic
Marula Oil is cold pressed from the Sclerocarya birrea botanical in South Africa. This tree belongs to the botanical family, Anacardeacea, the same family as Cashew, Mango, and Pistachio trees. This tree s found growing in the woodland areas of South Africa. It was believed that the Marula Tree was given to the people of Africa by the Gods so it was believed to be sacred and Holy. The ancients referred to the Marula Nut as The food of Kings! It makes sense that the oil that is pressed from the nut is known as Miracle Oil, The Elixir of Youth, and The African Beauty Secret.
The main chemical constituents of Marula Carrier Oil are:
- Oleic Acid
- Palmitic Acid
- Stearic Acid
- Linoleic Acid
- Arachidonic Acid.
Marula Oil has vast beneficial properties and applications:
- Possesses high antioxidant properties and is very supportive to the skin. It helps repair skin damage and helps delay lines and wrinkles.
- Calms acne-prone skin as well as helps to reduce other blemishes and scars.
- Helps with TWO (transdermal water loss) by keeping skin hydrated
- Enhances elasticity and firmness of the skin by boosting collagen production in the body
- Effective in healing skin that has been affected by sunburn, dermatitis, eczema, and psoriasis.
- Diminishes the appearance of scars, stretch marks, dryness, and cracking.
- Assists in eliminating harmful bacteria, prevent the onset of acne breakouts, address flaking, facilitate wound healing, and promote skin regeneration.
- Balances the scalp’s natural oils, thus reducing and preventing dandruff.
Stillpoint’s Marula oil is sustainably sourced from a women’s co-op organization. It is Fair Trade.
Pressed January 2023
Shelf life 3-4 years