Complex therapeutic and energetic benefits. Known as Holy or Saint Wood.
- Country of Origin: Ecuador
- Plant Parts: Wood
- Cultivation Method: Distiller is Certified Organic
- Note Classification: Middle
- Method of Extraction: Steam or Hydro Distillation
- Botanical Family: Burseraceae
- Chemical Family: Ethers, Monoterpenes
- Extraction Date: Dec 2015
- Approx. Shelf Life: 3 - 4 years
- Batch: palo2015
What Stillpoint "Nose"
Traditional Use of Palo Santo (Holy Wood)
Energetics and Chakras1st Chakra - survival and support, 2nd Chakra - relationships, creation energy, 5th Chakra - speaking truth, 6th Chakra - perspective, 7th Chakra - higher information, Clarity, Expansive, Grounding, Introspective, Meditative, Protective, Purifying, Source Energy, Transformative, Unconditional love
Energetic, Spiritual, and Emotional Qualities of Palo Santo (Holy Wood)
- Expansive yet grounding
- Connection to higher dimensions
- Energetic protection
- Brings good luck
- Clearing self and home of negative or shadow energies
- Supports meditation and invites higher consciousness
- Calms and quells anxiety… helps quite the mind and invites stillness
Aroma of Palo Santo (Holy Wood)Cool, Earthy, Resinous, Rich, Slightly citrus, Slightly sweet, Woody
Recipes and Blends
- 6 drops Palo Santo (Bursera graveolens)
- 2 drops Sandalwood(Agonis fragrans)
- 3 drops Jasmine (Jasmine grandifloram)
- 2 drop Neroli (Citrus var amara)
Blend above oils undiluted. Can be used in a diffuser. This recipe will yield one or two diffusing sessions. Can also be used in an inhaler or blend in 1 ounce of lotion or your favorite carrier oil.
- 10 drops Palo Santo
- 10 drops Franckincense
- 3 drops Peppermint
Blends Well With...Frankincense carterii Essential Oil, Frankincense frereana Essential Oil, Balsam Copaiba Essential Oil, Rosalina Essential Oil, Frankincense sacra Essential Oil
Safety Information for Palo Santo (Holy Wood)
No known safety concerns associated with this essential oil. May cause skin sensitization if oil is oxidized. The levels of ether, methofuran, are too small to cause any concern.
Anisman-Reiner, V. Suite 101 Palo Santo Essential Oil. http://www.suite 101.com. May 6, 2008. Accessed February 14, 2011.