Ponderosa Pine Essential Oil
Anti-inflammatory, anti- infectious, anti-spasmodic.
- Country of Origin:United States
- Plant Parts:Needles, Twigs/Branches
- Cultivation Method:Wild Harvested
- Note Classification:Top
- Method of Extraction:Steam or Hydro Distillation
- Botanical Family:Pinaceae
- Chemical Family: Monoterpenes
- Extraction Date: February 2019
- Approx. Shelf Life: 4 years
- Batch: pond2019
Traditional Use of Ponderosa Pine
North American indigenous tribes valued this tree for its antiseptic and vulnerary properties, using it to treat a wide range of skin issues, cuts, wounds, burns etc. Also valued for its effect upon the respiratory system. It is used to treat various lung and chest ailments. Also a rubefacient. Indicated as a vermifuge. Can be applied for kidney and bladder complaints. High in vitamin C and sucrose which is found in abundance in the needles. Also supporting connective and muscle tissue.