We were asked by a large pediatric hospital to create two patches for their kids. One patch was to help reduce anxiety the children might be experiencing pre op and the other was for nausea after surgery.
We were beyond honored to be able to do this for the kids.
The great thing is that these patches are not just for hospitals or for kids. They are for everyone. There are wonderful advantages for you to have a few in your pocket or pocketbook or book bag.
Aromatherapy patches may be a brand new discovery for you but they are awesome especially if you do not like inhalers and they have been around for a long time now.
The second patch that we formulated is called Smooth Sailing
Smooth Sailing was created to reduce nausea, settle the belly, strengthen the immune system and instill courage.
The oils that we chose for this patch are GInger C02 extract total (Zingiber officinalis), Red Mandarin (Citrus reticulata) and Lime (Citrus aurantifolia)
- Zingiber officinalis Co2 Extract – has a much wider range of chemical components in relation to her steamed distilled sister. The extract contains gingerol and shogaol which aromatically smell much more like the root itself. Many studies have been conducted and it is actually the gingerol and the 6-shogaol that are the components helpful in reducing nausea and interestingly enough they are not found in the steam distilled version. Various preclinical and clinical studies have evaluated ginger as an effective and safe treatment for nausea and vomiting in the context of pregnancy and as an adjuvant treatment for chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting. Ginger is also warming, comforting and anchors us. The yellowish color of the root suppoert the solar plexus which is also the power chakra.
- Citrus reticulata - is red mandarine very closely related to Citrus sinensis, Orange essential oil. The sweet aroma or Red mandarine is settling to the stomach as a calming aid to the CNS. She has also been known to reduce stress, which is great if you suffer from anxiety-induced stomach cramps and nausea. She is fantastic in formulations with Ginger. Red mandarine essential oil, as well as lime, is high in d-limonene, a monoterpene component which has been studied for its chemopreventive effects to support cancer treatment. This essential oil also extracted from the rind offering energetic protection. Orange supports the second chakra as well.
- Citrus aurantifolia- is a nervous restorative meaning that assists in relieving depression, exhaustion, pessimism and mental fatigue. She is also a wonderful detoxifier for the liver. The fresh lemony green fragrance is soothing to the emotional body as well as the physical. The clean crisp scent is settling to the stomach and is quite refreshing. Controlled studies have shown that lemony scents of lemon and lime can reduce nausea in patients. Lime is extracted from the rind of the fruit providing energetic protection and resilience. She is uplifting and is reminiscent of lifesaver candy, a reminder of fun times and sunshine! Green supports the heart chakra and the lungs.
Some info about Stillpoint aromatherapy patches:
- The blend contained in each patch was formulated and blended here at Stillpoint Aromatics in our lab by Cindy.
- Contain our own (Stillpoint Aromatics) oils and extracts and they are organic, wild harvested or unsprayed.
- Are for inhalation only. Which happens to be one of the most powerful ways to use oils to affect the brain and physical body.
- They are private, you can wear them under your clothing.'
- There is no skin contact with the oils. (They are not transdermal)
- The adhesive is on the back is a hypoallergenic hydrogel.
- The delivery is direct and constant and not overwhelming for you or others near you.
- Individually packaged.
- Are for single use
- Last up to eight hours.
- Have a patented sustained release technology
- Have awesome energy! They were manufactured by Bioesse Technology (who also has awesome energy. We know them for years.)
HOLMES, PETER. AROMATICA: a Clinical Guide to Essential Oil Therapeutics; JESSICA KINGSLEY, 2017.
Yavari kia P, Safajou F, Shahnazi M, Nazemiyeh H. The Effect of Lemon Inhalation Aromatherapy on Nausea and Vomiting of Pregnancy: A Double-Blinded, Randomized, Controlled Clinical Trial. Iranian Red Crescent Medical Journal. 2014;16(3):e14360. doi:10.5812/ircmj.14360.77.